To apply for Primary and Secondary ITT at Tudor Grange please use the DfE Apply service: 

Entry Criteria

To begin your Initial Teacher Training at Tudor Grange you will need to meet the following requirements before you can be accepted for our training programme:

  1. You will need to hold an undergraduate degree awarded by a higher education provider in England or Wales, or a recognised equivalent qualification.
  2. You will need to have achieved a standard equivalent to grade C/4, or above, in the GCSE examinations in English and mathematics.
  3. If you intend to train to teach pupils aged 3-7 or 5-11 (primary), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C/4, or above, in a GCSE science subject examination.
  4. If you studied outside the UK, check the UK national agency for international qualifications and skills (UK ENIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A levels, and an undergraduate degree. If you have non-UK qualifications, you will need a Statement of Comparability from UK ENIC.

Non-academic requirements

1. School experience

If you can spend some time observing and helping out with lessons in a local school before you apply, this will help to strengthen your application. You can use the experience in your personal statement, showing what you’ve gained from it and how it’s increased your motivation to be a teacher. There are several ways you can get school experience:

2. Medical fitness

When you accept a place on our training programme, we will send you a health questionnaire to find out about your medical fitness.

If you have a disability, it’s helpful if you give us full details on your application, so we can try to make any adjustments you may need.

3. Declaration of criminal convictions

You will need to disclose any criminal convictions, cautions, or bind-overs, and you’ll need to agree to an enhanced criminal record check.

4. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in England and Wales

You will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check to identify people who are barred from working with children and vulnerable adults. This is the Government scheme that replaced the Criminal Records Bureau. Check with the DBS to see what you need to do to comply with these arrangements.

Overseas graduates

If you’re a graduate from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), you may need to apply for a visa before starting your teacher training programme. For more information, visit Get Into Teaching.