NPQ for Leading Primary Mathematics
We are delighted to be working with Teach First to offer the NPQLPM.
Become an expert in developing mathematics in your school.
- Develop as a specialist in your role.
- Gain the skills for successful leadership.
- Learn to support colleagues effectively.
- Get free one-to-one support and coaching.
- Join a passionate network striving for educational equality.
- Access DfE scholarship funding (available to all state school teachers and leaders).
Is the NPQLPM programme for me?
This programme is for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading mathematics across a school.
How does the NPQLPM work?
This 15-month programme (12 months’ delivery and three months for assessment) consists of a series of modules based on the DfE’s NPQ frameworks. Each module cycle features:
- evidence-based online content to refresh and build knowledge, and exemplify what this looks like for your role and level of leadership
- a formative assessment task to support your learning
- a face-to-face seminar with a group of peers, facilitated by a serving school leader – you’ll analyse and reflect on the task and hear further examples of good practice
- the opportunity to record reflections and consolidate learning.
This cycle repeats throughout the programme, with implementation a consideration in every module.
You’ll also take a module focused specifically on effective implementation. This provides an opportunity to plan a strategic improvement, focused on your context and pupils.
There will be ongoing support through a seminar group and discussion forum.
You’ll be required to put learning into practice and plan the implementation of an improvement in your setting based on the NPQ programme you’re working towards. You’ll identify the focus, which must be level appropriate. This improvement should be a stretching professional development target within your existing role.
For aspiring specialist and leadership programme members, your school/employer should support you to implement an improvement at the aspiring level.
The allocation of learning time is five hours, so any implementation focus should be feasible within the timeframe.
What will I learn?
You’ll develop the knowledge, skills and expertise that underpin effective leadership of mathematics.
This will include leading and guiding others to develop their approach to ‘mastery mathematics’, supporting pupils to build a deep understanding of concepts, secure number sense, and positive attitudes towards mathematics.
Our content is informed by the best and most recent evidence and developed with input from school leaders and subject matter experts.
Our programmes have a practical focus.
You’ll be supported to make small but important changes to your and others’ practice throughout the programme.
For further information and eligibility criteria, click here.